CHI 2019: Mon 11AM in Crowne Plaza Shuna/Staffa
Join us at CHI! Our SIG on Learning, Education, & Families is on Monday, 11:00-12:20 in the Crowne Plaza, Shuna/Staffa room (known as Island A CROWNE on the online CHI program)
List of learning & edu papers at CHI 2019
See our SIG's shared gdoc
A CHI 2019 special interest group (SIG) to support HCI in learning and educational contexts.
This SIG will bring together researchers, educators, and practitioners with three goals in mind:
- Discussing more inclusive cross-disciplinary perspectives on learning.
- Defining future directions and standards for learning and education contributions in CHI.
- Building community across research/practice boundaries.
We are proposing this SIG in response to a growing interest in learning-related papers, as signaled by a 40% increase in CHI submissions relating to learning in recent years and the creation of the Learning, Education, and Families subcommittee for CHI 2019.
To learn more about our SIG, read our short write-up on our SIG on Learning, Education, and HCI (accepted to CHI 2019).
Are you a researcher, professional, educator, or caring human interested in how we interact with technology in the learning contexts? Then find out more and/or getting involved!
- Tell us what you would like to see at the SIG by filling out our brief survey (linked above).
- Attend our SIG at CHI ‘19 (CHI program).
- Reach out to Benji Xie (Univ of Washington) on Twitter (@benjixie) or by email (email@example.com).
We are faculty, researchers, and students from eight universities from four countries with diverse perspectives on learning, education, and HCI.
- Benjamin Xie (Univ. of Washington). @benjixie
- Erik Harpstead (Carnegie Mellon University). @eharpstead
- Betsy DiSalvo (Georgia Institute of Technology). @BetCD
- Petr Slovak (King’s College London). @ozzulak
- Ahmed Kharrufa (Newcastle University). @ankharrufa
- Michael J. Lee (New Jersey Institute of Technology). @michaellee
- Viktoria Pammer-Schindler (Graz University of Technology). @ViktoriaPammer
- Amy Ogan (Carnegie Mellon University). @amyogan
- Joseph Jay Williams (University of Toronto). @josephjwilliams